"Xbox Series S" Xbox Series S Vs Xbox One S! (Comparison) (Review)

 


"Xbox Series S" Xbox Series S Vs Xbox One S! (Comparison) (Review)

Welcome back everyone, time to do another "Xbox series s" comparison, and this time between an older super not super old. but definitely, a holder console that has come out many many years ago and that one is the "Xbox one S" and these two I think are kind of like the predecessor and successors to one another when Microsoft announced the "Xbox series s". 




the first thing I thought about was the 1s and seeing so many you know resemblances between the two and they both looked very very similar and honestly the "Xbox one S" was one of my favorite design consoles ever. I love just the matte white finish and just the black bottom bar and it just looks, so clean and I don't think there's ever going to be a console that looks just like it that looks way better in my opinion. 



the series s, I mean it looks definitely good and but, I don't really think it's like that much better that much worse in my opinion. in a way, it is kind of funny looking. because it does have that circular. you know fan up top or whatever it is but pricing wise this is where probably is going to be the biggest difference between the two if I'm being completely honest with the "Xbox series s". 




it is costing about 299 dollars to pick up, that's how much I spent on mine. I think that's a pretty reasonable price, now the series x costs 499 dollars which is definitely a lot of money too. but, I think 299 is definitely a pretty decent price tag for people who are just now entering the whole entire Microsoft space and trying to start gaming and stuff is definitely not a bad place to go to in my opinion. 




now the "Xbox one S" previous to the Xbox series s release was costing 199 dollars in a ton of places and I think that price tag too is actually pretty decent as well. but, you can pick it up for way cheaper than that, I think I picked a mine up for like around 120 120-ish dollars not too long ago. so, I think that's also a pretty decent price to pay for this device as well. but, like I said since the series s has been out you can probably pick it up for even cheaper than that, so going through that price tag section. 



I mean, I can definitely tell you, going from the Xbox one s to the series s. there is an upgrade in a lot of keys areas. but, I will still say if you own an "Xbox One S". you can probably make it last for a little bit longer there's still a lot of similarities and there may even be some areas where the 1s is actually a better console overall than the series s which may sound super crazy.




 but, starting off with the design, there is a lot of similarities with design 2 like I stated you know the matte white finish, black bottom bar. but, you will automatically see a humongous difference on the front. the series s does not have any disk slot or anything like that. the Xbox one s does have a disk slot and that's huge you know that's a humongous advantage for that specific console, you can play all those cd games that you have Blu-ray DVDs. 



you know all those different stuff and that is a humongous asset for the 1s. now on the outside of the 1s outside of that, you have 2 HDMI ports on the back 2 USB ports an ethernet, and then a USB port on the front. the series s does not have two HDMI ports. it only has one it has that memory card support, which is actually pretty cool.




 the two USB ports on the back and then one USB port on the front. now, the advantage of having those two HDMI ports on the back is pretty much. if you want to you know hook up a second console to your Xbox One. I've seen a lot of people actually connect a Nintendo switch or something like that and have it output through your Xbox one, instead of actually going through and putting it into another HDMI port. 



so it's kind of a really cool thing and a cool concept and I'm kind of saddened that Microsoft didn't add that back into the series lineup. but I think it's totally okay, but with the Xbox series as you are getting that memory card expansion which is really cool. but, everything else is roughly about the same, another big thing to keep in mind is that the Xbox one s. 




it is a bigger console than the series s which is kind of hard to believe because this 1s at the time was super small. but the series s overall is a smaller console which I actually do like and the fact that it's smaller and it's a more powerful machine. I just love seeing things like that for sure, now features wise you are able to do 4k on both consoles which are a given, but you do have the ability to do 4k 60 on the Xbox series s and on top of that you will probably be able to do 1440p at 120 frames per second which are awesome and I think 8k capability eventually as well, which is huge. 




the series s is a cool console when it comes down to those things the "Xbox one S" can only output in 4k which like I said before is still perfectly fine for a lot of people out there and I honestly don't see a big difference between 1080p and 4k. but I honestly, don't play that many games either so that's probably a given. but like I said before the 1s does have the advantage of having that disc slot and the series x does have that disc slot so if you want to have it you can spend more money, it's kind of like a luxury feature now, but the 1s has that capability.



 so, for all those games that you have you know that is already on the Xbox one, you won't really be able to play them on the series s, unless you bought them online or something or if you can somehow make a cd driver that works for the series s out you know externally. I don't know if those are going to happen or whatever, but that's still a really cool option that you have, on the "Xbox one S" even though it's an older console, you kind of have a better feature in that sense which may be a make it or break it for you in all honesty. 




so, and in terms of that really pretty much covers it up in terms of you know, internal and the stock features and stuff now in terms of the ram, you're actually getting more ram on the Xbox series s which is really cool. the series s has 10 gigabytes of ram, the 1s has 8 gigabytes of ram, from the models that I've seen and I can definitely tell you that's a good advantage for sure. I don't know if it's like a just because of the ram I would go and upgrade, but it's definitely like a plus or an add-on that the Xbox series s does have an additional 2 gigabytes of ram. 




so I think that in and of itself is a really really awesome feature as well and on top of that this may even be a bigger deal than the ram in my opinion and that is the built-in SSD that we have on the series s versus the hard drive on the "Xbox one S" and this in and of itself is a humongous difference in my opinion. this can cause games to open up way faster, reading and writing can be much faster on games as well. 




so, if you're stuck on low times a lot, this will definitely increase those just that in of itself even if there was the same amount of ram and all that you have that humongous advantage of having that SSD and that is awesome I love seeing those type of things and the fact that this console supports it is awesome. so, definitely, when it comes down to that's really cool, I will tell you though once you're booting up the consoles and everything and going through both console's uis and everything not a ginormous difference by any means. 




but what I can tell you is that for sure. the uis on both are very very similar right now, but because the series has is the newer one there will be a time where the 1s is not supported and the series s will continue to get updates and there's going to be way more features eventually on the series s. then on the 1s but as of right now, there are a ton of similarities between the two and I don't think that's a problem I think that's a really really good thing for sure. 



the 1s maybe a little bit slower here and there if you're trying to you know go between the settings and quickly go out and go to the Microsoft stores there can be some different glitches and stuff that sometimes happen on the ones I've experienced it. but for the most part, it's a very smooth experience on both, and as I said visually they're about the same, but a humongous thing to keep in mind is that gaming will theoretically be better on the series s. 




it'll be able to handle more games there are all the games are backward compatible on both consoles. so if you have the "Xbox series s". you can play Xbox one s games and any console, that the "Xbox one S" was able to play including the 360 I think original Xbox some titles there too, you will actually be able to play those on the series s as well. so basically the series s can do everything the 1s can do, but not vice versa and that is another humongous thing to keep in mind, as of right now the gaming library is going to be about the same. 



so there's not like a huge urgency to go and update in my opinion, I think if you currently have an "Xbox one S", there's really not like a pressing reason for you to go and update, but if you currently just have a lot of money or if you're able to get a pre-order of the series somehow, then, by all means, keep it, now on the controllers they're a little bit different as well, there is a dedicated share button on the Xbox series as the controller. but if you're going from one controller to the other, luckily there's not a steep learning curve they're about the same there's just not that extra like the black part up top.




but other than that they're both very very similar for sure which is something I really do like, I love the 1s controller and I love the series s controller more than I like the series x, I love those white controllers I don't know why? the black ones are great too. but the white controllers are some of my favorites for sure. so, in terms of the outside that really pretty much covers it up and I can kind of tell you right now like I stated before if you're able to get a pre-order of the series that's somehow but then by all means get it it is going to be a serious cool console it's going to have a lot of capability, I've been using it for a little bit it's definitely not like the craziest thing in the world, but it's for sure a really great console. 



if you can even spend some more money get the series x, but what I can tell you is that with the "Xbox one S" currently right now it still has a ton of capability for sure it's not like you're going to go from like the 1s into the series and see immediate changes, you may see some things like with the loading speeds like I stated, with some maybe some lag here and there. the "Xbox series s" will definitely clean it out, but currently, the gaming library is about the same like the series s is here to stay for many many years just like how the original Xbox one and the "Xbox one S" were here and you know those consoles came out years ago. 




so for the series this is kind of like the starting point, eventually, we're going to be getting the series s,x or whatever I don't know what they're going to call it, and that'll basically be able to do everything the series s can do and more and so you're really not missing out on too much right now but within the next year or two that's when we're going to be getting exclusive titles, a bunch of new capabilities like that 1440p at 120 frames and 8k in the future, we're going to be getting a ton of different things too but as of right now if you have a 1s. 



I think it's totally ok for you to keep it on top of that for you to even take advantage of those like 4k 60 and 1440p at 120 and 8k you will need to have TVs and screens that you know can support that if you have like a 1080p monitor like it's not going to be able to do you any justice. if you upscale that but if you get an 8k monitor or something like that's when you're going to be able to play those consoles and play those games at that level the 1s probably won't be able to support it if I'm being honest. 




but, you do get some capability with the 1s that the series s does not have that additional HDMI port which is awesome and on top of that the disk slot you don't have, that on the series s which honestly kind of sucks a little bit. I wish it did have it but there's nothing we can really do about it. so that's another pretty big advantage for the 1s in my opinion. so when it comes down to it I'll probably tell you the series s is the better one for sure, but the 1s I think has a lot of capability too and if you currently have it I wouldn't really go upgrade like right. 




now but probably within a year from now a year or two then by all means go for that's probably when you're going to see some more features and stuff, that really make the series that stand out. so that really pretty much covers it up, 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post